The following are things I've seen so far & have liked about England.
London:
The helpful hints to tourists. Like which way to look before crossing the street.

The fact that ketchup comes in sauce containers rather than packets. This one came from McDonald's.

The mail drop boxes are so much more lively than in the States.

The fact that the Brits pay attention to detail. Particularly, in statues and monuments.
Exhibit A: At Kensington Park.

The fact that ketchup comes in sauce containers rather than packets. This one came from McDonald's.
The mail drop boxes are so much more lively than in the States.
The fact that the Brits pay attention to detail. Particularly, in statues and monuments.
Exhibit A: At Kensington Park.
Exhibit B: A wall at Kensington Park.

Exhibit C: The prettiest fountain I've seen. Also at Kensington Park.

Exhibit D: The Marble Arch.

This random tree I saw while walking from Oxford Circus. (Which is in London, not Oxford. Weird.)

Oxford: (side note--I took a billion photos today. Everything's so pretty here.)
The house where we're staying.

Chandeliers. (This is in the entrance to the house.)

The fact that everything's covered in ivy and moss.

The cobblestone streets.

The weird road symbols. Like squiggly lines on the road.

The short traffic lights.

This, which is at the center of town.

Awkward signs.
Exhibit A: taken outside of a construction site.

Exhibit B: taken as we walked to town.

The Brits' perception of what our vintage clothing is.

Doors made for people my height.

Paninis. Kelli & I went to Cafe Roma and got delicious chicken pesto paninis.

The fact that Walkers ripped off the Lays logo. Kelli had Walkers crisps with her panini.

The fact that the streets look like this.

The following are things I don't like about England so far:
In addition to how cold it is (which is just like winter in New York, really), it gets this dark at 3:00 PM.

And the McNuggets taste different (less breading and the inside is crunchier). And they don't have 10 packs. Both of which are probably a good thing, as I'm trying to avoid eating British food as long as possible and shouldn't be eating McDonald's anyway.

Exhibit C: The prettiest fountain I've seen. Also at Kensington Park.
Exhibit D: The Marble Arch.
This random tree I saw while walking from Oxford Circus. (Which is in London, not Oxford. Weird.)
Oxford: (side note--I took a billion photos today. Everything's so pretty here.)
The house where we're staying.
Chandeliers. (This is in the entrance to the house.)
The fact that everything's covered in ivy and moss.
The cobblestone streets.
The weird road symbols. Like squiggly lines on the road.
The short traffic lights.
This, which is at the center of town.
Awkward signs.
Exhibit A: taken outside of a construction site.
Exhibit B: taken as we walked to town.
The Brits' perception of what our vintage clothing is.
Doors made for people my height.
Paninis. Kelli & I went to Cafe Roma and got delicious chicken pesto paninis.
The fact that Walkers ripped off the Lays logo. Kelli had Walkers crisps with her panini.
The fact that the streets look like this.
The following are things I don't like about England so far:
In addition to how cold it is (which is just like winter in New York, really), it gets this dark at 3:00 PM.
And the McNuggets taste different (less breading and the inside is crunchier). And they don't have 10 packs. Both of which are probably a good thing, as I'm trying to avoid eating British food as long as possible and shouldn't be eating McDonald's anyway.
4 comments:
I love this post. Sammy, you are inspiring me to do a similar one in Paris.
Isn't it weird how McDonald's tastes different everywhere? I'll try the McNuggets and report back to you.
My favorite is definitely the helpful street signs. And the Dog Fouling sign.
yay! i'm glad you did, gaby-ie. :D
sounds like a plan!
hahaha. exactly. i was like "dog fouling" wtf?!
http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj405/smj217/DSC00775.jpg
PRETTY!!!
ah, i love these pictures! makes me want to come over there right now! it's gorgeous over therrrrrreeee!
haha. i had a similar reaction to you to the anti-climb paint. but apparently anti-climbing paint i was told is blue(?) paint they put on top of the fence (so you can't actually see it from where ever they have signs) that doesn't wash out so you are marked forever!!
Post a Comment